The Best Valentine's Ever =)

I had the best Valentine's Day ever! I asked Peter to plan our Valentine's date this year (I usually plan our dates). I asked him to surprise me and boy did he. =) First he surprised me by sending me flowers while I was still in Ateneo for my classes.

Meeting Peter in Makati for our date was a bit inconvenient because the MRT broke down for a while and I had to take a taxi (traffic was light though). So I was a little late meeting Peter. =( When we were already together in Makati, he gave me a Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy. I was surprised by that too because I thought he would buy me a Care Bear or a book (he usually buys me a book), I didn't expect a soft and wonderful Pooh bear. (I introduced my new stuffed toy to my brothers yesterday, JP likes Pooh because he is so soft.)

Before dinner we looked at model condo units in Glorietta. Ayala is opening new condo buildings in Buendia corner Ayala Ave. The studio unit was okay. I didn't like it that much (so small!) but I like the idea of having my own place, decorating my own condo. Hehehe. The one bedroom unit was wonderful! I really loved it because there was so much space, much more than the average condo unit. And there was really a separate area for the kitchen. They must have hired a good architect. I like the unit more than I like the units I saw in Eastwood City. The unit is available for only 17,000 pesos a month! Peter was saying he could actually afford the place. =) I was imagining getting a place like that for myself or someday having a place like that with Peter as newlyweds. Hihi. =)

We had dinner in Tony Roma's! That was a really pleasant surprise. I was so happy!!! =) The last time I ate in Tony Roma's was in Las Vegas. And I haven't been in Las Vegas for 10 years or more! The food was delicious and really filling. =) But they didn't offer good desserts (why don't places like Tony Roma's have good desserts?) so we went to Pazzo for chocolate ice cream. The ice cream was good, really rich. =)

Right when I finished my ice cream there was commotion in Glorietta. Everybody was scared and running to the exits. I thought it was a fire, and Peter heard it was a bomb so we starting running out like everyone else. There was also commotion near the MRT area and in SM. They closed the MRT station so we had to take a bus back to my place. It's a good thing traffic was very light.

When we got home we shnuggled for an hour or so then Peter had to go home to Manila. Later we both found out that a bus blew up in the Ayala Center area. =( That was what all the commotion was about. It was scary when we were running out of Glorietta. For a second I thought we might die. I was okay with dying, but I was worried about JP and Brian becuae they didn't know I was out that night. They didn't know where I was. I also found out that there were simultaneous bombs set off in Davao City and General Santos City that night. =(

My dad says that it was probably the military who arranged for the bombs. (Supposedly) They are doing that to pave the way for a coup d'etat or so they can ask for more funds from the government. =(

Comments

Cyam said…
I'm glad you kids enjoyed yourselves. Hope this is a sign for good things to come. ^_^

Yeah, the news about the bombing incidents leaves a bad aftertaste in the mouth.