The New Semester

The new semester has just started in Ateneo. I met my new students on Tuesday. (This sem I only have TTh EN12 classes.) It's too early to decide whether I love them or hate them. Haha. I miss my old students, particularly my students from last semester. I really love them. Well, I will probably end up loving my new students. (I hope so.) It just takes time to get to know each other and to bond as a class.

(For my summer MA paper I wrote about the Newbery Medal award and two specific Newbery Medal winners: Bridge to Terabithia and The Giver. They are both good books, especially The Giver [mind blowing]. I really enjoyed working on the topic of the Newbery Medal.) I've started collecting and reading other Newbery Medal books. I love them! I love children's literature and the Newbery books are the best of American children's literature. =) I've been buying them in Booksale stores for only 50 pesos each. =) The latest Newbery book I read was the 1984 winner Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary. Dear Mr. Henshaw is about the pain children feel. (Yes, children feel pain too.) Children have problems too. Their problems may be less complicated, but they are still problems. The whole story was told through letters, which was probably rare in 1984.

Saturday was the start of my MA class for this semester: English 212 with Prof. Ancheta. The class is on English drama (excluding Shakespeare). One of Prof. Ancheta's areas of expertise is comic theory, so we will be focusing on comedies for our class. Coolness. =) I can tell I'm going to have another great class under Prof. Ancheta. =) She never ceases to amaze me.

Comments