Currently Reading...

I have finally finished reading A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I didn't like it. I loved it while I was reading the first part. I love Meg, Charles Wallace, and the rest of the Murry family. I especially love Calvin. But in the middle of reading the book I got bored. And I was still bored when I finished the book. I expected the book to be fantasy, but I don't consider it fantasy. It didn't touch on/wasn't set in/didn't include "faerie"/"the land of faerie." (I "follow" Tolkien's definition of fantasy literature. Hey, he is THE father of the fantasy GENRE.) It's more of science fiction (what happens in the book can be explained by scientific ideas/theories). I actually think it's "Christian science fiction." I still want to read L'Engle's other books in the Time Quartet though, because I like her characters (Calvin, Meg, et al.).

Right now I am reading Book One of the Bartimaeus Trilogy: The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud (this is good - I'm addicted!), Inkheart by Cornelia Funke (I don't know WHY I continue to read Funke's works - her plots are too slooow for me), and The Excellent 11 by Ron Clark (very inspiring and helpful for teachers!).

Comments