Finalists for the 2008 Children's & Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards

What a great way to start the new year. The shortlists for the 2008 Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards (the Cybils) have been released! Here are the finalists for the categories I am most excited about:

MIDDLE GRADE FICTION

The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd (David Fickling Books)



Shooting the Moon by Frances O'Roark Dowell (Atheneum)


Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass (Little, Brown)


Diamond Willow by Helen Frost (Farrar, Strauss & Giroux)


Alvin Ho by Lenore Look (Schwartz and Wade Books)



MIDDLE GRADE FANTASY & SCIENCE FICTION

Savvy by Ingrid Law (Penguin USA)


Lamplighter by D.M. Cornish (Penguin USA)


The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas (HarperCollins)


The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (HarperCollins)


The Cabinet of Wonders by Marie Rutkoski (Macmillan)



YOUNG ADULT FICTION

Thaw by Monica M. Roe (Boyds Mills Press)



The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (Hyperion)


Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher (Bloomsbury USA)


Sweethearts by Sara Zarr (Little, Brown)


Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (HarperCollins)


I Know It's Over by C.K. Kelly Martin (Random House Children's Books)


Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway (Penguin USA)



YOUNG ADULT FANTASY & SCIENCE FICTION

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic)



Wake by Lisa McMann (Simon & Schuster)


Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Harcourt)


The Explosionist by Jenny Davidson (HarperCollins)


Airman by Eoin Colfer (Hyperion)


A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce (Scholastic)



Click here to learn more about these books and to view the shortlists for the other categories. Let me know which books and categories you are most excited about. :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
Frankie! I am so happy she made it! :D
Tarie Sabido said…
Hi, Renay! Man, I really should read Frankie soon, huh?
Tracy Belsher said…
Thanks for posting this. I'm so behind on reading! But I recognize a few of those titles that are in high circulation at my elementary school library.
Tarie Sabido said…
Hi, Tracy! Happy New Year. :D

Man, I want these books. (I only have copies of The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks and The Hunger Games.) The Cybils is NOT good for my wallet. LOL.
So many awesome books. I really want to read some of them...I'm a bit behind on some things.

-Lauren
Tarie Sabido said…
Hi, Lauren! :o)

I knowww. So many good children's and YA books to read, so little time! :o(