Miscellany

*Remember when I reviewed The 13 Days of Halloween by Carol Greene and Tim Raglin? I gave the book to my niece a couple weeks ago. She read it over and over again and had the entire thing memorized by the next day!

*I highly recommend you check out Twenty-Eight Days Later: A Black History Month Celebration of Children's Literature at The Brown Bookshelf.

*I'm on the staff of Color Online, a blog that focuses on women writers of color for adults, teenagers, and children. I've just reviewed Yeh-Shen: A Cinderella Story from China by Ai-Ling Louie and Ed Young for Color Online.

*At Asia in the Heart, World on the Mind I share my thoughts and feelings on Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji and Ash by Malinda Lo. I also offer up a visual feast of illustrations from Ariel Pang and Sergio Bumatay III.

*Children's book author Kate Coombs, a.k.a Book Aunt, has given Into the Wardrobe the Prolific Blogger Award and says that I focus "on multicultural literature with wit and good humor." Waaahhh. Best. Compliment. Ever. Thank you, Kate!!!

Comments